About Us / History
ProTran East specializes in Non-Emergent Medical Transportation services.
Founder and CEO Vernita Adolf, worked in Medicaid Transportation for 7 years, recieving the Wall of Fame award from Washington State Department of Transportation in 1997. She then went into working with Youth in Foster Care and Gang Intervention and Prevention Programs, Youth Employment Services, AmeriCorps and Senior Services, working for many Social Service agencies in the community.
Having a strong heart for community and service, Vernita has been very actively involved serving on many boards and committees, some of those include:
- Rods House, Homeless Shelter for Youth where she acted as Board President for 2 years.
- Retired and Senior Volunteer Program, where she was an active board member for 3 years
- Homeless Coalition of Yakima County
- Yakima Farmer's Market
- Yakima Literacy Foundation
- DOVIA-Directors of Volunteers In Agencies-President for 4 years
- Washington DOVIA-Board Member for 3 years
- Yakima Valley Citizens for a Safer Community-Board Member
- YWCA of Yakima-Board Member
- ZONTA-Women's in Business
- Yakima Chamber of Commerce Leadership Yakima Graduate-class of 2002
ProTran East has a strong board of directors which includes members from the community who work in both health services, social service organizations as well as Yakima County Government.